Monday – Friday:
8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132
STUDENT CENTER GOVERNING BOARD REPRESENTATIVE-AT-LARGE
-This is a student position-
For the period July 2012 to January 2013
DEADLINE: 4:30 pm on Monday, July 2, 2012
The Student Center Governing Board is responsible for setting policy of the Student Center with regards to the running of the facility and upkeep or the services offered therein. The Board is comprised of 13 voting and 3 non-voting members. Of the 13 voting members, 8 are students and 5 are campus administrators, faculty and/or staff. The 3 non-voting members are administrators and/or staff. If you are elected to the Board you should anticipate having to spend five to ten hours per week to complete the following list of minimum commitments that will be expected of you during your term of office:
- Be available for the Board meetings, which are normally held on the 1st Thursday of each month from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and abide by the current SCGB Attendance Policy.
- Attend three orientation meetings, approximately two hours each to be scheduled at a later time
- Commit to regular check-ins with the Student Center Business Office Manager.
- Attend the mandatory Student Center Governing Board two-day Annual Retreat in January 2013 and a Mid-Year Retreat in August 2012.
- At a minimum, chair one committee and sit on one committee or sit on three committees, not including the executive committee.
- Be familiar with the pertinent issues being addressed by the Board.
WHEN TO APPLY
- Applications are now being accepted
- Applications must be turned in at the Business Office, C-134 on Monday July 2, 2012, by 4:30 p.m
WHERE TO APPLY
- Applications are available at the Student Center Business Office, C-134, and online.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete and return the application to the Business Office, C-134 by the deadline.
- Include a Letter of Intent with your application.
- Be in Good Academic Standing per University Policy.
On Thursday, June 7, 2012, the Governing Board will nominate and approve a candidate, and the term will commence thereafter. The term will end at the SCGB Annual Retreat in January 2013.
Monthly compensation depending on meeting minimum qualification is $540.00.