Monday – Friday:
8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132
ART GALLERY ASSISTANT MANAGER
Class II, Step 1 - $10.85/hr
Up to 20 Hours per week
Working Shift: Monday 10-2p; Tue 10-11a; Wed 10-11a; Thurs 12-8p; Fri 10-2p
-This is a student position-
- Expand and update call-for-entry mailing list.
- Act as jury coordinator for the selection of works for future exhibitions.
- Work with the Art Gallery Manager on the final selection of works for future exhibitions.
- Communicate and schedule appointments with exhibiting artists.
- Train gallery staff, interns and volunteers in gallery operations, exhibition preparation, mailing, publicity, insurance and installation procedures.
- Work with the art gallery team on the execution of upcoming exhibitions and greet gallery visitors during regular business hours.
- Act as an installation coordinator for the set up and hanging of exhibitions.
- Monitor and keep track of the supplies and the supplies budget.
- Manage day-to-day operations.
- Attend bi-weekly meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work at least 3 Saturdays for installation and 3 Thursdays for receptions.
- Must be enrolled at SFSU with a minimum of 6 units or more a semester.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have knowledge in exhibition design and preparation.
- Art History, Studio, IAC, or Museum Studies Major
- Apple / Mac computer experience and knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge in exhibition design and preparation
- Experience framing artwork
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter to include the position you are applying for, a resume and a Student Work Availability Form to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134). If you need assistance in writing a cover letter and resume, you may contact SF State Career Center at www.sfsu.edu/~career.
Submit required documents by: June 12th, 2013
You may go to http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/about/jobs.php to obtain a Student Work Availability Form, or to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134).
For more information please contact the Art Gallery Manager at (415) 338 – 2580.
Within your cover letter address the following: 1) What experience and skills you would want to gain from working at the Art Gallery; 2) What you think in your work experience and education would be valuable to the Art Gallery.