Monday – Friday:
8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132
MEETING SERVICES ASSISTANT
Class I, Step 1 - $9.37/hour
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9am - 1pm
Tuesday and Thursday: 1pm - 5pm
-This is a student position-
- Process and enter data of scheduled events into scheduling software program
- Assist organizations in the reservation request process
- Perform general clerical duties, which include, but are not limited to: typing, filing, answering phones, word processing and delivering correspondence throughout the campus
- Welcome visitors/ customers by greeting them person or on the telephone; answering and referring inquires
- Create invoices/ estimated of charges
- Responsible for maintaining scheduling files and keeping information confidential
- Send follow-up e-mails to customers regarding their reservation status
- Troubleshoot minor computer glitches
- Other duties as assigned
- One year of experience in an office setting
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Experience operating standard office equipment (PC/ MAC, fax, printing, etc.)
- Basic MS Office Suite Knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Computer literacy: MS Vista, Mac OS X, Parallels
- Type 50 wpm
- Must have excellent customer service skills (including in-person, e-mail, & phone) and excellent phone presence and communication skills
- Must maintain a professional attitude during work hours
- Ability to establish positive work relationships with student organizations, faculty, staff, Student Center Governing Board, vendors and contractors
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and manage constantly changing events
- Must be organized and detailed-oriented, able to multi – task
- Event management systems experience a plus (EMS)
- Must be able to learn and enforce procedures and policies
- Must be enrolled in SFSU with a minimum of 6 units
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter to include the position you are applying for, a resume and a Student Work Availability Form to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134). If you need assistance in writing a cover letter and resume, you may contact SF State Career Center at www.sfsu.edu/~career.
Submit required documents by: September 30, 2013
You may go to http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/about/jobs.php to obtain a Student Work Availability Form, or to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134).
For more information, contact the Mark Jaramilla, Meeting & Event Coordinator at (415) 338-2416 or contact the Student Center Business Office at (415) 338-1044