Monday – Friday:
8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132
Class III, Step 1 - $13.00/hour
Up to 25 hours per week
Working shift: TBD
-This is a student position-
- Oversees the design staff in creating and printing a wide variety of publicity and marketing materials such as brochures, fliers, posters and ads.
- Works in conjunction with the Marketing Manager on the following
- Co-managing the internal protocols and procedures of the Publicity Department
- Developing and implementing strategic marketing and branding initiatives.
- Researching potential new vendors and printers
- Recruiting, selecting and training staff & interns
- Maintaining supplies for the Publicity Department.
- Monitors and maintains updated content for the Student Center website.
- Oversees the digital signage system and all related content feeds and functions.
- Responsible for maintaining the hardware and software of the design team.
- Works with marketing team to produce, edit, and implement copy on publicity materials.
- Supervises the creative team of graphic designers and interns, including managing workflow and delegating tasks, as well as providing art direction and critique.
- Copy edits all work before sent to printers and web
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Must be Mac proficient and experienced with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite software (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Must be experienced in HTML/CSS or Adobe Dreamweaver software
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Must be an experienced leader and able to establish strong working relationships with staff and SF State community.
- Must be dependable (available M-F) and possess excellent time-management skills.
- Must be enrolled at SF State with a minimum of 6 units.
- DAI, Art & Marketing students encouraged to apply
- A Portfolio review is required.
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter to include the position you are applying for, a resume and a Student Work Availability Form to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134). If you need assistance in writing a cover letter and resume, you may contact SF State Career Center at www.sfsu.edu/~career.
All documents must be received by July 12, 2013
You may go to http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/jobs to obtain a Student Work Availability Form, or to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134).
For more information please contact Hunter Smith, Project Manager at (415) 338-1789, or the Student Center Business Office at (415) 338-1044.
The Student Center hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States per the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA). This federal regulation applies equally to United States Citizens and Aliens