Monday – Friday:
8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132
RICHARD OAKES MULTICULTURAL CENTER (ROMC) RESOURCE LIBRARY & ARCHIVE ASSISTANT
Class I, Step 1 - $9.37/hour
Up to 20 hours to be arranged per week
Working shift: Monday 9am-2pm, Tues 10am-3pm, Wed 10am-3pm, Thurs 10am-3pm
-This is a student position-
- Plan, organize and manage ROMC Library services
- Monitor student use of the library
- Research resources to develop and expand services
- Archive information relative to the library’s focus and catalog all incoming books
- Perform secretarial and clerical duties; answer phone calls/communicate with student organization(s)
- Assist the Program Manager and Fund & Resource Developer with projects
- Update social network forums, i.e. Facebook, Blogspot, Twitter
- Write text for publicity materials, website articles, manuals
- Prepare and type rough drafts, letters, reports, memoranda or other correspondence
- Review and proof documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules and regulations
- Compose correspondence; report information in person or by telephone where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of policies may be necessary
- Work on individual projects
- Attend weekly meetings
- Maintain, verify and utilize budgets for the ROMC Library
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in secretarial skills and one year of increasingly responsible secretarial/clerical experience.
- Excellent and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting and office procedures
- Strong customer service skills and professional telephone manner
- Experience with Macintosh computers and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and any accounting software.
- Detail oriented, team oriented, yet able to work alone when necessary
- Creative aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of organizing, design, and preparation of programs (preferred)
- Accuracy and timeliness in performing assigned duties/abilities to meet deadlines as well as follow up with community members
- Ability to type (40-50 wpm)
- Proficiency using social networks, including Facebook, Blogspot, Twitter
- Photoshop & illustrator program proficiency a plus
- Willingness to learn and grow beyond one’s current state of cross-cultural awareness.
- Ability to work within a multi-lingual environment that is ethnically and culturally diverse.
- Working knowledge of library and archival sciences highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organization
- Strong time management
- Work with minimal supervision
- Must be a current SFSU student enrolled in a minimum of 6 units.
Applications are available in the Student Center Business Office, C-134 (Conference Level) or online at www.sfsustudentcenter.com/jobs. Please attach a resume to your application.
Submit required documents by: May 16, 2013
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter to include the position you are applying for, a resume and a Student Work Availability Form to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134). If you need assistance in writing a cover letter and resume, you may contact SF State Career Center at www.sfsu.edu/~career.
You may go to http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/about/jobs.php to obtain a Student Work Availability Form, or to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134)
For more information please contact Dr. Francine Shakir, Intern Program Development Officer for the Richard Oakes Multicultural center at (415) 405–0700.