Monday – Friday
7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
8 a.m. –
1650 Holloway Ave.
Business Office, C-134
San Francisco, CA 94132
RICHARD OAKES MULTICULTURAL CENTER (ROMC) RESOURCE LIBRARY & ARCHIVE ASSISTANT
Class I, Step 1 - $10.74/hour
Up to 20 hours to be arranged per week
Working shift: Monday-Friday 10am-3pm
-This is a student position-
- Provide Research assistance to library users seeking information & Data on various multicultural and social justice topics
- Plan, organize and manage ROMC Library services
- Monitor student use of the library
- Research resources to develop and expand services
- Archive information relative to the library’s focus and catalog all incoming books
- Perform secretarial and clerical duties; answer phone calls/communicate with student organization(s)
- Assist the Program Manager and Fund & Resource Developer with projects
- Update social network forums, i.e. Facebook, Blogspot, Twitter
- Write text for publicity materials, website articles, manuals
- Prepare and type rough drafts, letters, reports, memoranda or other correspondence
- Review and proof documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable rules and regulations
- Compose correspondence; report information in person or by telephone where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of policies may be necessary
- Work on individual projects related to ROMC programming
- Attend weekly meetings
- Maintain, verify and utilize budgets for the ROMC Library
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Any combination equivalent to: Graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in secretarial skills and one year of increasingly responsible secretarial/clerical experience.
- Excellent and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of accounting and office procedures
- Strong customer service skills and professional telephone manner
- Experience with Macintosh computers and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and any accounting software.
- Detail oriented, team oriented, yet able to work alone when necessary
- Creative aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of organizing, design, and preparation of programs (preferred)
- Accuracy and timeliness in performing assigned duties/abilities to meet deadlines as well as follow up with community members
- Ability to type (40-50 wpm)
- Proficiency using social networks, including Facebook, Blogspot, Twitter
- Photoshop & illustrator program proficiency a plus
- Willingness to learn and grow beyond one’s current state of cross-cultural awareness.
- Ability to work within a multi-lingual environment that is ethnically and culturally diverse.
- Working knowledge of library and archival sciences highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Very effective organization
- Strong time management
- Work with minimal supervision
- Must be a current SFSU student enrolled in a minimum of 6 units.
Applications are available in the Student Center Business Office, C-134 (Conference Level) or online at www.sfsustudentcenter.com/jobs. Please attach a resume to your application.
Submit required documents by: April 8, 2014
To be considered for the position, you must submit a cover letter to include the position you are applying for, a resume and a Student Work Availability Form to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134). If you need assistance in writing a cover letter and resume, you may contact SF State Career Center at www.sfsu.edu/~career.
You may go to http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/about/jobs.php to obtain a Student Work Availability Form, or to the Student Center Business Office (Conference Level C-134)
For more information please contact Dr. Francine Shakir, Intern Program Development Officer for the Richard Oakes Multicultural center at (415) 405–0700.
Technical Services Student Manager
Technical Services Assistant Manager
Information Technology Technician
Audio Visual Technician
Art Gallery Manager
Art Gallery Assistant Manager
Art Gallery Assistant
Graphic Design Sustainability Intern
Media Relations Intern