As the heart of the SF State community, the Cesar Chavez Student Center (CCSC) is the hub of student activity. The Student Center building is home to the campus bookstore, meeting and study areas, and over 11 restaurants.
In addition, the CCSC runs the Information Desk, the Rack-N-Cue (pool and arcades), Richard Oakes Multicultural Center (ROMC) and its reading room and library, The Art Gallery, and The Depot (small music venue).
The Depot, on the Lower Conference Level of the building, is a space with multi-faceted programming: live concerts, televised sports, open mics, and comedy acts. The Depot provides open space for all ages entertainment where few exist in San Francisco, and it is becoming increasingly important to the campus community as the number of students living on campus rises.
The Student Center hosts major food and retail service facilities——and is proud to have traditionally supported services that include family-owned restaurants and ethnically diverse cuisines.
The CCSC staff manages and provides services for all of the student-run events ranging from student organization meetings and outdoor and tabling events on Malcolm X Plaza, to large celebrations in Jack Adams Hall.
Associated Students Programs and Student Organizations
- A.S. Leadership Development Coordinator
- A.S. Rebound Program
- A.S. Women’s Center
- International Educ. Exchange Council
- Movimiento Estudantil Chicano De Aztlan (MECHA)
- Pacific Islander Club
- S.F. Student Community Housing Org
- A.S. Government
- A.S. Information
- A.S. Legal Resource Center
- A.S. Performing Arts
- EROS (Education and Referral Org. for Sexuality)
- Asian Student Union (ASU)
- General Union of Palestinian Students (GUPS)
- Korean Student Association (KSA)
- Phillipino American Collegiate Endeavor (PACE)
- Queer Alliance
Lower Conference Level
- African/Black Student Union (BSU)
- Chinese Evangelical Fellowship
- Fraternity/Sorority Council (FSC)
- Intervarsity Christian Fellowship (IVCF)
- La Raza Student Association
- Muslim Student Association (MSA)
- Student Kouncil of Intertribal Nations (SKINS)
Plaza Level-Ground Floor
- Transportation tickets available for purchase (MUNI, BART, and Samtrans).
- Lost and Found
- Lobby Shop
- Washington Mutual ATM machine (located next to Snackademic) is now operational.
- Wells Fargo and Bank of America ATM’s are located in the North Plaza (just outside of the bookstore entrance)
- Campus Graphics
- Associated Students (A.S.) offices
- Student organizations
Lower Conference Level
- 4 Photocopiers – Copy Cards for use in these copiers are sold at the Information Desk at $10.00 each (8 cents per copy).
- Stamp Machine
Recreation and Dining Level
- Vending Machines
- Microwave for student use